22 January 2011

Brazilian people

As we can find lots of texts and pictures of brazilian places, foods and culture, I intend to show here things which not everyone has heard about. For instance, did you know that, as the british, we don’t get along very well with the Argentine? Some time ago I saw a brazilian guy using a t-shirt in which was written “The Malvinas are Falkland”, just to upset the argentine.
Anyway, I’m here to talk a bit about brazilian people. Some years back, my uncle went to England on an exchange program. The host lady was amazed when she found out he was white-skinned, with blue eyes. Apparently she thought brazilian were all dark-skinned, with curly black hair.
Surely some of us do have curly black hair and dark skin. But not all of us. Not even half of us. In fact, I think brazilian breed is the most mixed one ever. I was perplexed when I discovered that foreign think we are all savage who live in the woods. But that idea sounds crazy to us, at least. You can be dark-skinned, or have tiny eyes like the asians’, naturally red hair and black eyes, or you can be totally white-skinned, blonde and green-eyed, and we’ll still think you’re brazilian.

No comments: